I think blogger is behaving now, except I told it to "republish entire site" because it wouldn't republish the last two posts... so it's still going, LOL.

I took the fourth off, had to see the fireworks. Last year, I got off work early, but they had started and I got home just as they were over. What a disappointment.

This year, I sat in my front yard and watched the fireworks that were set off a block away - some went off directly over our heads. It was awesome. Cayla was scared at first, so I had her sit in the car with me, then she calmed down and we sat in a chair in the yard. It was so beautiful.

Amanda's 10th birthday is Sunday, I think we're getting her a bike. She's been using an old one that's not working now, and Cayla got a new one in May for good grades. That was partly out of frustration on our part, because Amanda needs motivation and Cayla just does her homework. We wanted to show Amanda that rewards are possible if you apply yourself. I think I'm going to have to rearrange my work schedule this coming year to make sure I can spend a couple of hours with her daily on homework, if that's what it takes. I've even thought about finding a different job, but I would hate to leave this one - I love it more than any other job I've had. But, I might have to consider it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile