Ah, I haven't been blogging lately, but I've been spending a lot of time on the Woman's Day forums. Just look for posts by CaySedai. I've also been wasting a lot of time at Neopets.

I have started following advice from FlyLady, though. I'm working on my Control Journal, and we've done a couple of Crisis Cleaning times, although the girls aren't too enthusiastic. The place is fairly messy, but better than before.

The problem is that there's problems with the floor in the kitchen/dining room area. The floor is getting soft in the kitchen. The kitchen is a walk-through. Part of the dining room floor is buckling, but it's still hard. Kent made a misstep and put his foot through the linoleum in the kitchen. The landlord has seen this and sent a plumber to fix the line behind the washing machine, where he thought a leak was causing the problem. Now he's planning to bring his insurance guy to look at it.

Two problems: the plumber came last week and fixed the leak, but switched the cold and hot water leads into the washing machine, so instead of, say, warm/cold, it gives me warm/hot; or instead of cold/cold - hot/hot. I'm guessing hot/cold would be cold/hot. Anyway, that's not good. The other problem is that the landlord told Kent that he and the insurance guy would come Thursday or Friday - that was last week. I'm wondering when they are coming. I can get things straightened up, and am trying to do so, but this is interfering with my work plans. If they call Wednesday or Thursday morning and say they are on their way... or just show up... that will cause big problems if I'm heading off to work. I asked the landlord last week to let me have some notice for that reason and haven't heard from him since.

The girls have been getting in trouble with the guy across the street. He wants them to stay away from his dog. I've told them they can't even go to their friends' house because the friends live next door to that guy. He called the sheriff on the girls the other night. What a jerk. The dog was even running around loose and got in our yard. If that happens again, we're calling the sheriff and reporting a loose dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile