It’s Halloween Giveaway Event
Organized by: Mom Powered Media. Co-hosted by: Capri's Coupons, My Silly Little Gang, My Dairy Free Gluten Free Life, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Giveaway Bandit and Growing Up Bilingual.
Growing up, my sister and I didn't get to go trick or treating much. I only remember once that I was allowed to go. We lived in the country from the time I was about 3 until I was 14. Dad felt that it was "begging" like actual begging on the street, so that was pretty much not allowed.
I took my kids trick or treating, though. Amanda's first trick or treat night was when she was nearly 2 1/2, and we lived in Chicago. We went around a long block in our neighborhood. I was pregnant with Cayla and it was chilly and dark. On the way back home, we stopped at a house that had a porch light on (which was the sign where we lived in Iowa when I was younger that you welcomed trick or treaters). We knocked, a man came to the door. He looked surprised, but went away and came back with a tray of things like refrigerator magnets. There was a distinct smell of marijuana.
So, here's my tips for Halloween:
- Don't smoke pot if you expect people to come to your door. Police officers take their kids trick or treating, too, and you certainly don't want to make them have to interrupt their kids' fun to arrest you.
- If you welcome trick or treaters, have a porch or outside light on. If you don't want them, make sure that light is not on.
- Be prepared for a variety of ages.
- Offer different things - make sure there is something that doesn't have peanuts in case there's a kid who is allergic. You can give out fun stuff like spider rings, plastic fangs, glow sticks or stickers.
- Wear a costume if possible - it makes the experience better for the trick or treaters and for you.
- Have fun!
MPM Network Bloggers are super excited to share their Halloween Recipes, Crafts, Decor Ideas and so much more with you this holiday season. Make sure you take a peek at the fabulous posts below. Surely you will find something that makes you smile!
One lucky reader will receive a $500 K-Mart Gift Card!
Giveaway ends October 28th at 11:59 p.m., open to US, ages 18+.
To enter please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck.
Disclosure:Carol's Random Babble is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to see your business or blog featured on the next big event!