Friday, August 16, 2013

Tired and crabby

When people ask me, "how are you?" I usually say "tired" because it's almost always true.

Don't get started talking about how it's probably depression because you're probably right but there's not a whole lot I can do about it right now.

So, between 11 a.m. Tuesday and midnight Wednesday, I had about 3 hours of sleep. Not consecutive, either.

I had insomnia, then after getting up for a bit to go on the computer, when I laid back down, I couldn't breathe very well. That problem is actually the reason I sleep with a body pillow crossways on my bed, around my rib area. It seems to help, although the pillow is getting pretty flat.

But I had to get up at 6 a.m. so Cayla could get up at 6:30 to be at the Civitan meeting at 7 to report on the youth leadership conference she attended that the local Civitans sponsored.

Only, when we got there (across town), she discovered that they want her to come next week. It was a scheduling error on the part of her advisor. So I get to do that over again next week - hopefully without the insomnia.

Then I had to go spend 5 hours at the library as a volunteer for the Webster County Genealogical Society. Which isn't a bad gig, but it helps to be well-rested.

Then back home, where I stayed awake to take Cayla to band camp, waited for her to be done (had my Kindle Fire with me) and then took her to church.

I had asked Cayla to do a load of laundry for me. She couldn't do it before band camp and church because the one working washer was occupied. So after church, she started it. She did get it in the dryer (after I reminded her) but said she was going to bed and I should wake her up when it was time to check the dryer.

Which meant that I finished it myself. I didn't dry the load a second time because it was close to dry and it was late at night (can't disturb the neighbors with laundry sounds, right?).

Cayla brought home a sheet for me to sign with dates of home football games. They want all the band parents to volunteer at least once for working concessions. Every one of those games is on a Friday night. The one person who could take my place working on a Friday night goes on maternity leave today or tomorrow. The other options are Saturday band contests, which I suppose I could do a couple of hours, but would have to go home and rest/sleep before going to work. And I don't want to think about how much pain I'll be in with my feet and knees after being on my feet for even a couple of hours.

The rolling garbage bin for our building hasn't been emptied since Aug. 5. It's always been emptied on Mondays since I moved in, 13 months ago (except for holidays). Apparently now the pickup date is Thursdays. Only here it is Thursday and it hasn't been picked up yet. (Update: The garbage was still there when I got home around 11 p.m., so it is officially - as opposed to actuallly - late.)

Does this seem right to you?

I originally posted this in a hurry and didn't notice that I posted to the wrong blog. So this is late to Carol's Random Babble and I'll have to delete it from the other one, which is where I plan to post writing stuff, not my usual complaining. (I wondered why this didn't show up on the Facebook page. Now I know.)

So here I am. There are a couple more things going on but it's family stuff and I don't want people getting all snippy with me for airing our communal dirty laundry. Suffice it to say I'm not just tired - I'm tired and crabby.

I have my reasons.

No comments: