Leaving things to the last minute

I'm really bad at this - or really, really good at it.

Mom's memorial is in two days. I need to straighten my apartment, write the eulogy, write the program, and get the program to the funeral home so they can print the folders (which also means providing photos).

I've had time, but have barely begun to straighten my apartment, let alone the rest of it.

I've got tomorrow off, but I really wanted to get the program done before this. My first deadline was Friday. Then today. But this morning Cayla told me that she wants to play something at the memorial, but she wants to look through my old hymnbook to figure out what.

I hadn't asked her to participate because I wasn't sure if she would be able to. Now I've got to figure out where to put her. But she's at school now, so I can't ask. Which means I either have to figure that out on my own or put off the deadline for turning the program in to the funeral home until tomorrow.

Here's an idea: I'm going back to bed for a couple of hours. Sleep is always good. (Maybe I'll be more lucid when I get up.)

And, Mom's memorial is nearly three weeks after her death. We are taking our time with everything. It makes me wonder how people manage to do all their arrangements when they hold a funeral only days after a death, and there are no prearrangements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile