Change isn't always fun

Mom in happier days.  

Last Thursday I rented "The Hobbit" and took my laptop to the nursing home to watch it with Mom. Since the movie is nearly 3 hours long, I didn't expect to watch the whole thing with her in one day.

I watched about 45 minutes there. Mom watched 5-10 minutes (not all at once) and dozed off. I finished watching it at home.

On Sunday, I visited her twice. The first time she didn't wake up at all, so I sat and read from my Kindle Fire. The second time, she woke up a bit, and I talked to her, but I don't think she comprehended what I was saying. She tried to say something once, but it was just garbled.

The rest of the time she shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. I don't know if it was voluntary or involuntary. When I held her hand, she squeezed my fingers, but I don't think that was voluntary, either.

One of the aides said her color wasn't good. I hadn't noticed, except that her arm was red and blotchy (mottling?). All in all, these are not good signs.

Today the hospice nurse called. She had visited Mom today and wanted to be sure we were aware that her condition has declined.

In January, we didn't expect her to last this long. Her condition then was bad enough that we thought she would be dead in days. She had rebounded a bit for a while, but now I think we're looking at a timeline of days again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile