Oh noes! My Kindle Fire

I have mentioned before how much I love my Kindle Fire (as much as any inanimate object, that is - of course it doesn't compare to my kids).

I use it every day. I read, play games, use it at church - I love when there is a scripture link in the lesson, I can touch the link text and it goes right to the verses, and they are highlighted.

But ... the place where the charger is inserted has always been slightly loose. And tonight, it's not making a connection at all.

So I contacted Amazon. They right away said they will send a new Kindle Fire, with two-day shipping. As soon as it is available ...

It's Christmas season, and I think this is still one of the hot gifts, so they think I'll get my replacement after Christmas. It's only got 13% charge, and I have to retrieve personal information from it, so I won't be playing games or reading books on it any more.

On the plus side, I'll have a brand-new Kindle Fire, and in future I'll only download some of the books I order - it was getting confusing with all the books I had on there.

On the down side - all my personalization will be gone. My progress in Oregon Trail - American Settlers will be wiped out (again) and I'll be starting over. I know that's a silly thing to worry about, but playing games like that relaxes me.

The customer service thing is good - I didn't have to jump through hoops. I stated the problem, said what I tried and the cs rep asked a couple of questions. He stated early on that I would be getting a new one. They want me to send this one back after the new one arrives.

So all in all, pretty good experience at this point. Ask me again in a couple of weeks (without my daily dose of Kindle).

UPDATE (12/18/12): I just got an email that says my Kindle Fire has been shipped and should arrive on Thursday.  Yay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile