Funny kitties

First a video:
Poor kitty. No nap for you!

Now to our kitties.

We have a bookcase (media tower?) that is about 2 feet wide and about 7 feet tall. I firmly believe that bookcases should be packed with books. The books should be stacked on top of each other, and I've been known to have two rows of books on one shelf, along with the stacked books on top of each row.

However. I'm still not organized from when we moved in (September 2008), so many of my books are still in boxes. This bookcase/media tower has a few books, assorted stuff and software cases. But on the top shelf right now is a rock bookend and a cat. Chicken, to be precise - Amanda's cat. Chicken is taking a nap on the top shelf. She likes it up there.

She can jump from the computer monitor (the desk is in front and slight to the left of the bookcase). Booboo can jump all the way to the top of the bookcase, and he likes to hang out there.

Chicken likes the freestanding pantry we have, but she can't jump up there on her own. Sometimes she stands on the kitchen chair next to the pantry and meows at me. I ask her, "do you want up?" Then I pick her up and toss her on top. She rolls around on there and is happy. Until she falls off, which has happened a couple of time.

Olivia has been spending time on a shelf that overlooks the sink and kitchen window. She has taken naps up there. As far as I know, she hasn't fallen into the dish drainer. Yet. But right now her favorite spot is an box that used to hold ramen noodles, but currently has nectarines in need of ripening. She's spent so much time there that a little while ago, when she was sitting on the computer desk, I could smell nectarines.

Olivia is Cayla's kitty, but she seems to think I'm her human instead. She likes to nap on my computer desk, obstructing access to the keyboard (Booboo likes this, as well). She also likes my chest, which (especially if I lean back in the chair) offers a little napping shelf for her. And at night she comes racing in and jumps on me, starts kneading and purring and eventually lies down to sleep on my side. Directly on me, that is, since I sleep on my side. I just have to be sure to have blankets pulled up so she's kneading the blankets and not my flesh, since our cats are not declawed.

Booboo's little escapade today: When I brought groceries home, I put them on the top step in the breezeway and asked Amanda for the key to the garage so I could put some things in the freezer there. Booboo escaped and ran into the garage, hiding in the stuff in the back. I put the ice cream and other frozen items in the freezer, locked the garage and came inside. I waited about 10 minutes, then opened the garage again and called him. He was sitting about 3 or 4 feet from the door. He came into the breezeway, I locked the garage, and he looked around like he was going back into the garage. I don't think so! I still had to capture him, but that's a lot easier in a six-foot-long space than a garage full of shelves and stuff. So we are all back inside where it's cooler.

And now, a video of a barking cat:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile