Beware the cats

I said a long, long time ago, that if cats had thumbs, they would rule the world. This theme has been expanded upon by Bertrum Thumbcat, whose ponderings and plots can be followed on Facebook.

I have often accused our cat Booboo of trying to kill me, especially by tripping me, sometimes at the top of the basement stairs. Although this is simply proof that Booboo is not entirely there, or possibly not thinking things through, as I buy the cat food. So that is obviously not in his best interests.

I may have proof, finally, of catty plotting.

Yesterday I was trying to watch a video online. It was slow loading - watch a minute or two, then pause it to let it load. It took 3 1/2 hours to watch 36 minutes last night and I finally went to bed, leaving the screen up so the video could keep loading (which it did, just fine).

But this morning, the image on the monitor was completely upside-down. The cursor worked completely backward, in line with the upside-down image. I was able to Google monitor image upside down and found instructions to turn the image back the right way. The keyboard combination is Ctrl-Alt-Up arrow.

Now, it took me both hands to fix this. So for a cat to do this would be even more difficult, which leads me to believe that it's a deliberate act. I just can't decide if it was so the cat can watch stuff from a position on top of the monitor, or just designed to make me crazy.

Or, for all I know, both. Because there's nothing like killing two birds with one stone, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile