Strange dreams

I have them often. Sometimes I write them down - today this blog post will have to suffice.

Background info: I work at a newspaper where we use Macs with OS9 and use QuarkXPress 4.1 for layout. We also have PCs with a proprietory word processing software that pulls in AP content as well. We have new Macs now, with QuarkXPress 8. There will be a bit of a learning curve this week as people begin using the new computers and new software.

In my dream, it was the day we were to get the new computers hooked up. But in my dream it was more than computers. The whole newsroom was changed:
  • There was an area with bunkbeds arranged in a square with a couple of loveseats and a table or desk in the middle - I called that a dorm room. There were college students sitting around in this area.
  • There was an area with files and a person who transported the files - it was very different from our hardcopy library system (file cabinets with file folders), but approximately in the same area. (I say approximately because the whole area was more square than the actual building.)
  • Our desks were different - and this to me was the worst part because the desks were switched out without notification and I didn't have a chance to clean my desk out of personal stuff. (Example: Amanda gave me a small stuffed bear that says "Happy Mother's Day" several years ago for, you guessed it, Mother's Day.)
  • There was apparently a day care setup where employees could bring their small children and have them right there at work (never in a million years). I know how wrong this is when I saw (in my dream) our managing editor changing a baby in the middle of the newsroom.
So you can see this was a very strange dream. There was more - a group of people were upstairs going through boxes and bags and sorting out Christmas ornaments and decorations. That's about all I can remember.

And now it's time for me to get ready for work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile