Some random thoughts

Hey, that's what this blog is all about, right?

Okay, two Sundays ago (Sept. 18), we had some awesome talks in Sacrament meeting. First was Chad B., a young man getting ready to go on a mission. Then came Elder G., who talked about being comfortable sharing the Gospel. He pointed out that we are comfortable talking about movies and sports with people, but not so comfortable talking about the Gospel. Part of that is being familiar with the Gospel. Last talk was Elder E. He's from South Carolina, and when he got his mission call to Iowa, he wanted very strongly to come to Fort Dodge. He told us why at the end of his talk - his great-grandfather attends our ward! Brother T. sits in the front row of the chapel and was there that Sunday. It was truly awesome to hear that.

I made a decision that Sunday to not read any fiction books until I've read the Book of Mormon all the way through. I'm currently up to Alma 2. I'm power reading this time, but will write down scripture references that are most interesting to me as I go.

Changing the subject: I am planning to sign up for National Novel Writing Month again. I started last year but didn't get too far. I've got a different concept this time - from a dream I was having this morning. So, we'll see how it goes.

Only two random thoughts? I must be slacking. Here's random for you - it's time to make macaroni salad. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile