It's a mixed bag today ...

I've been meaning to post that I made sort of a pledge - I won't read any novels until I've read the Book of Mormon all the way through. I made this decision on Sunday after some awesome talks by one young man who is ready to go on a mission and two missionaries. They talked about being comfortable talking about the gospel. I realized that I have no problems talking TV shows, movies, books and bargains with people, but I'm not comfortable talking about the gospel. Part of my problem is I've never read the Book of Mormon all the way through. So, I'm "power-reading" it. I try to get a surface understanding, but I'm not going for depth this time around. I'll read it quickly, then go back for more in-depth understanding. I'm up to Jacob 7 next.

And ... this morning is a doozy already. Both girls missed the bus. Kent had a physical therapy appointment at 8:45 a.m., which would be a stretch with everything else - dropping the girls at school, picking up and cashing my check, dropping me at work, then getting to his appointment across town. So, we get in the car, he comes out, looks at the rear tire and just looks. From the expression on his face, it's not good. Yep, a flat. He tried to change it, but the lug nuts are too tight. So, Cayla took cans back to the store for money to put air in the tire, and we'll see how far we get.

It's going to rain today, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile