Gerbils, the first day

So far, so good, I guess. The mama gerbil (named "Angel" by Cayla) hasn't eaten her babies yet. Nobody has escaped, although there were a couple of attempts when I was playing with them after work. I think the three gerbils that are together in the cage are all boys.

I've got pictures, which I will attempt to upload shortly. Of course, they will be above this post if they work and not showing up at all if they don't. :-/

After work I stopped at Target and Wal-Mart. At Target, I got a box of Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits - they are so yummy! At Wal-Mart, I got salt wheels and sesame-peanut treats for the gerbils. I don't know if they think the treats are yummy. I do know they love to chew things. I gave the boys each a toilet-paper roll in the afternoon after they arrived and before Cayla got home from school. There was hardly anything left of the toilet-paper rolls. They love chewing up newspaper, too. I cut up an old sock of Kent's and gave them some pieces, but they didn't seem to do much with those.

I introduced Comet (our cat) to the gerbils. She got all excited, apparently thinking it was a buffet. Now we have the gerbils in the little bedroom with the door shut and Comet can't go in. Too bad, kitty. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile