This is my first published post on Blogspot. I tried multiple times to use Blogger to ftp to my website, but it just wouldn't work. I give up. I'll adjust. Now I'll be able to have archives and not have to change each week. I started blogging when my site was on Geocities. Each week I would rename the week's blog to indicate the date, add a link to the archive page, and start a new blog page with a new graphic scheme. That part was kind of cool, choosing a theme for the week. But, the whole thing is becoming unwieldy and could be a nightmare if allowed to continue.

So, I started looking at blogging website services. Geocities doesn't allow you to ftp unless you are paying for their service. So, I moved my site to my isp. I'm paying for their service already, so why not? I've found it's easier to update now and ftp is a breeze. However, the blogging services I've looked at mostly require you to use cgi or perl (or, of course, ftp) and I don't know what permissions I have and right now, I'm not interested in finding out.

Change of subject: we've had freezing rain in our area, north-central Iowa. Schools have closed or are dismissing early. I'm driving back to town now to pick my kids up before it gets worse. Fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile