Storm damage, and a long night

This is what the radar looked like last night some time after we lost power. I took the shot of my tablet with my phone.

Here's some of the damage this morning:
Tree in front of my place.

Tree in front of the neighbor's place. At left, you might be able to see a taillight of their vehicle.

Tree by my place again, out into the street.
I was at work when the power went out, with five pages left to send. Two of the pages were done, but just needed to be PDF'd and sent. Three of the pages needed two articles that hadn't been written yet, but the computers were unavailable.

So I went home for my laptop. I parked in back, in the lake that forms whenever it rains hard. Stepped right into about 4 inches of water. My shoes are probably still wet.

Took laptop back to work, and let Hans use it. Chad was writing his story on  his Chromebook, but he had to retype it later on my laptop because we had no internet access.

Our publisher contacted a company in town and borrowed a couple of generators to get our servers and a couple of computers running long enough to get the last pages done.

I finally left work around 3:45 a.m.

I woke up at 10:45 a.m. I'm going to try to sleep now. A maintenance guy was trimming as much as he could from the tree in front, but I think he's done now. I'm also charging all my devices. That was an issue last night. My phone was under 30 percent. I kept running my car to charge my phone, but it was slow.

More storms are forecast for tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile