Semi-productive

My normal day includes a morning nap because I was usually up too late the night before.

Today, however, I spent naptime at Iowa Central Community College, so Amanda could attend the orientation for the HSED program. This included a couple of evaluation tests, which she passed, so she only has to attend classes for 12 hours, instead of 40.

Which is good, because we have other things we need to do during that time period (besides my naps).

We then stopped at my work so I could take care of a thing I forgot about last night, then over to pick up chicken fried rice for Amanda and home. I messed around on the computer for a bit, then took a nap for about half an hour before going to the library.

Normally I volunteer at the Webster County Genealogical Society on Wednesdays. Not every Wednesday, but today the volunteer was on her own for the first time and I thought I would stop by to see how she was doing.

I brought my laptop and stuff to do, although I didn't get anything done that I had planned. I also brought my lunch, as I hadn't had that yet. (I went to the Hardee's drive-thru.)

I did get some work done on the genealogy society's website, although I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out. I'll work on that later.

After the library, I went to Walgreen's to drop off some film. I have 17 rolls of film and a disposable camera that need to be developed (14 rolls of film now). The machine at Walgreen's is broken, so I went to Walmart instead.

Three rolls of film. Two are Agfa brand and have writing in German, so they might be from when I was in Germany in 1978. Or they might not. I have no idea.

The other roll is Osco brand, so it's from when I lived in Chicago. We moved to Iowa in 1996. So who knows what's on that roll?

The photos should be back on Tuesday. I got double prints and the CD. Apparently they do the CD automatically now - you don't get your negatives back.

So, if the photos turn out, I'll post some when I pick them up, or probably next Wednesday, when I'll be volunteering at the genealogy society again.

 5:42 p.m. Is it too late for a nap?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile