Spamity spam spammers

In the TV series "Firefly," there's a comment from Shepherd Book to Mal in the episode "Our Mrs. Reynolds (when Saffron has stowed away on the ship claiming to be Mal's wife): "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

I think they should add spammers to that list.

It's not bad enough that I get spam email on a daily basis (who doesn't?) but I've seen an increase lately in spam comments on my blog.

Sometimes they are obvious. When you get the same word repeated 8 times in a row ... or a bunch of nonsense text full of links, those are pretty clearly spam.

Sometimes it's not so clear, but if you read through you can tell. One recent example started out asking me what my blog platform is. Hello? Blogspot = Blogger.

On the "It's My Birthday" post (where I talk about my dying mother saying "I love you") I got advice about writing a killer post title. Um, thanks? Not so much.

On the "I am not ready for this" post where I tell the world that my mother is dying of end-stage dementia, I get invited to visit a Mulberry outlet website.

I wish these people would find something better to do with their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile