Just as I expected

My daughters are Amanda, 19, and Cayla, 16. They are both in high school. They are reasonably intelligent creatures, with a good sense of humor.

However, they are not the most helpful children around.

Cayla used to be. But around the time she officially became a teenager, her attitude changed. She didn't become surly, exactly, but started giving out these "put-upon" vibes.

Now, this may be legitimate, as I had relied on her helpfulness quite a bit, especially since her sister is the type to simply ignore commands, suggestions and orders.

Now, they've both got it.

Before I left for work yesterday, I asked for a few simple tasks to be done:

  • Empty the dishwasher.
  • Fill the dishwasher (and start it, although I didn't actually say that).
  • Do one load of laundry for me.
  • Take out the garbage (from four wastebaskets).
How much of that do you think got done?

Well, when I got home from work, I emptied the dishwasher, filled it and started it. I put a couple more items of clothing in my hamper, to wash in the morning. I gathered the garbage to take out in the morning.

So, all my tasks are nearly complete - it's just that I am the one doing them.

Color me unhappy Mom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile