Plastic Jungle

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I had a $30 gift card I couldn't use, but I could trade it in for some credit for an account I could use. Sure, I would lose some of the value (I would get about $24 in credit), but it seemed better than losing the value of the gift card completely or having to a) drive 90 miles to the closest store of that type or b) spend it online and have to spend more money, too (although this might have been the better option, in retrospect).

So, I signed up for PlasticJungle.com. You tell them about your gift card and they tell you how much you can get for it in various formats, including PayPal and Amazon credit. They generate label information, you print out the sheet, cut the mailing label from the sheet and tape it to an envelope and tape the card(s) to the invoice sheet.

Then, apparently, you wait.

And you wait some more.

And after you've waited for awhile, you contact their customer service. And they tell you to wait. And they mark your request for assistance as "resolved" and "closed."

So, it's been three weeks and a day since I put the card in the mail. Nothing on their website - it doesn't show that they have received the card. (It doesn't help that they did a major website relaunch in the meantime, so who knows if it's because they didn't get the card, or because they are tardy in processing it, or if their database is messed up?)

But here's my latest request for assistance, and although I didn't threaten to blog about this, here I am:

I sent an Office Depot card for $30 on Oct. 17, 2011. It does not show up in my account. I contacted customer service through the website and by phone. Both customer service people have said my problem is solved and closed. NO IT IS NOT. They think it's solved when they tell me to wait longer. NO IT IS NOT. It is solved when I get credit for the $30 card I sent you.

I also left a comment on your Facebook page. Someone from Plastic Jungle promised to look into it, but never got back to me and now the thread is gone.

It's been three weeks since I sent the card. You should have received it by now. I am very unhappy with this "service" and I know I'm not alone. The number of unhappy commenters on your Facebook page is much greater than those who are happy. I want to know what you are going to do to resolve this issue, and telling me to wait and then marking my request for assistance as "resolved" and "closed" is not the right answer.

So, I'll keep you informed about what happens next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile