6 centimeters

That's how long the gash in Cayla's leg is, according to the E.R. nurse.

She slipped at the haunted house and cut her leg on a sharp corner on an outlet cover attached to a pole. She called me at work to let me know that someone from the haunted house was taking her to the E.R. I left work and met them there.

It's not that bad, only took two stitches and some steri-strips to hold it closed. But we spent 3 1/2 hours in the E.R. (mostly in the waiting room) and I expect Cayla will be in a little bit of pain tomorrow (her leg is starting to bruise), so I have already called the school to say she won't be there.

And now I'm off to bed, to charge my phone (which was down to one battery bar by the time I left), to turn off my alarm, and to sleep until I wake up on my own in the morning. Please let there be no phone calls.

Also, my motto is Always Bring a Book. And Always Bring a Camera. Having neither of those items made the lengthy wait seem even longer. And no souvenir photos of our experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile