A car, a car, my kingdom for a car

Okay, I don't actually have a kingdom, and I do actually have a car, only it's not well.

On July 22, I picked Cayla up at camp and on the way home the car developed some problems. When I stopped at Harcourt (because it has a convenience store), I discovered that the oil cap was off. This is not good.

We put a couple of quarts of oil in and continued back to Fort Dodge. After Cayla's practice (for her performance in a chamber music recital that evening) I got an oil change. We went to Walmart and headed home.

Going through the woods on Otho Drive, the car's problems got much worse, to the point that I wasn't sure it would make it up the hill. Since I didn't want to try to turn it around or back down the curvy hill, I kept it going. The car died after reaching the crest of the hill. I managed to coast most of the way home, got it started and made it to my driveway.

And it has sat there ever since. A friend of Kent's has looked at it and said it could be one of about eight different things. A thrown piston rod is one possibility. If that's the case, I'm not even going to try to get it fixed. I'll find another cheap car. I hope.

In the meantime, my sister has been driving out here twice a day to pick me up for work and take me home. It's a big hassle for both of us, and I will be paying her for gas when I get paid. I hope the car issue is one that is fixable for not too much money (under $400 would be good) and can be fixed quickly, so I don't have to impose much longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile