In other news ...

It was just another Sunday afternoon at work. Two obits to process, a few pages to lay out. Deanna had the front page done and we thought we were going to get done in a timely fashion.

Then the sports editor said, "I hate to break it to you, but the president's going to make some big announcement at 9:30."

That was sometime after 9 p.m. It would be much, much later that we got the official word (after many "unofficial" announcements by various people) that U.S. forces had killed Osama bin Laden.

Then was more of a waiting game - waiting for the Associated Press to provide an article, waiting for updates to the article, waiting for photos be be available. Finally, finally we sent the last pages to the press.

And I called my sister to have her pick me up and take me home, because apparently it developed another hole (this is the second time since Friday this has happened) in the radiator. I won't be able to take care of it Monday (today), so I will need a ride to work and another ride home. And then I have to figure out how to get it into town to be worked on and how to pay for that.

In the meantime, I'm heading to bed because I have to get up in less than four hours to get Cayla out of bed in time to catch the bus to school for the first time in 2011. Let's hope I'm more successful than I have been for the past four months ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile