Trying to win Excalibur dehydrator

Barefoot Mommies blog is giving away an Excalibur dehydrator. I'm trying to win this - I have a catalog (addressed to my landlady's late husband) and looked through it. I think it would be great to have this for the excess vegetables we should have from our first-ever vegetable garden. I really don't want to start canning yet and I think this could be a great alternative.

I know the Excalibur website has all kinds of ideas for using the dehydrator: making beef jerky, speeding up bread-making process in conjunction with a bread-making machine (another thing I want), drying flowers for crafts and even drying photos that have gotten wet. I don't know that I'll be using it for all those things. I'll just be happy to use it to preserve the vegetables that we grow.

I could even loan it to people at church who have gardens (they can try it out and decide if they want to buy one). We've got a vegetable gardening group sort of started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile