It's just a cold

but I feel like crap. I have had weird things going on with my ears for over a week. They crackle. It's like they have fluid in them or something. I haven't gone to the doctor because I don't have insurance and I owe them money.

Saturday I woke up with a throat that felt hot and tight. Not sore, exactly ... And I'm all full of snot.

Maybe I should put an "ewww factor" warning on this post. Sorry.

Anyway, I did work Saturday but didn't go to church on Sunday. I worked Monday because there were two things I had to do that nobody else either knew how to do or would be willing to do. The second item was copy editing, and I was supposed to have had that done by last Friday, but was too busy, what with working 10 days in a row and all. The first item was obits, and I have to do those on Mondays and Thursdays, plus days that Jean takes off (which was part of the reason I worked 10 days in a row). So I went to work.

I also couldn't use the excuse that the roads were too bad, because the other two people scheduled to work live farther away from town than I do.

But, they sent me home and pretty much ordered me not to work today if I feel as bad. Which is kind of a given. I've been taking Zicam since Sunday, and I think it's helping to loosen up the congestion. I got the dissolvable kind, and I think each one tastes worse than the one before.

I'm going back to bed now.

Oh, and I made an important discovery yesterday. If you blow your nose enough times, even the facial tissues with lotion aren't soft enough. Blahhh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile