Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

 

My family calls this Aunt Nancy's Green Cake (it came from my Aunt Nancy, but I don't know where she got it).

1 yellow or white cake mix (for 13-by-9-inch pan)
five eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 box instant pistachio pudding

I mix the wet ingredients first, then add the cake mix and pudding mix. You'll need to use a mixer because the pudding makes it harder to stir.

We use a bundt pan (well greased) and bake slightly longer than the instructions on the box. (I just checked the cake mix in my pantry - it says 33-36 minutes at 350F for bundt pan, so I would go 40 minutes and test for doneness.)

We don't usually frost it. Maybe sprinkle powdered sugar over it. But do what makes you happy. The cake is very moist (five eggs!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile