Scriptural insights: Book of Mormon - Prepare a way

One of my Pathway Connect assignments is to share an insight from our Book of Mormon study. I have read through the Book of Mormon once or twice in my lifetime, but never really studied it with appreciation. So now as I read, I'm noticing things I never noticed before.

One of the common verses that people like is in 1 Nephi 3:7.
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

I started seeing this phrase in other verses.


1 Nephi 17:13
And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.

1 Nephi 17:41
And he did straiten them in the wilderness with his rod; for they hardened their hearts, even as ye have; and the Lord straitened them because of their iniquity. He sent fiery flying serpents among them; and after they were bitten he prepared a way that they might be healed; and the labor which they had to perform was to look; and because of the simpleness of the way, or the easiness of it, there were many who perished.

1 Nephi 22:20
And the Lord will surely prepare a way for his people, unto the fulfilling of the words of Moses, which he spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that all those who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

These are a few of the examples if you do a search. The point is, Heavenly Father does what he can to help us succeed. He prepares the way. We have to find the right path and follow it. Sometimes it seems harder than it is, as in the example of the Israelites who only had to look at the brazen serpents to be healed, yet they looked away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile