My day so far

Got up (always a plus), dressed, and out the door for an ancestry workshop by the DAR. Had McDonald's breakfast on the way there. Was a little late, but no worries. I got some information, learned how to look things up on the public part of the DAR website and learned some things.

Then I went to the flea market. Parked my car, walked all the way to the main building, where I bought Avon deodorant from 2 vendors. I like to spread my money around. ;-) I also got popcorn, which I had to wait for, but it was good.

Then I went looking for eggs. Barbara had raved about the eggs she had bought there before. So I tried to find the vendor. I went north and south from the main building, then all the way north and around, through the barns and back to the main building. Possibly I didn't go far enough south, but even by the time I left the building, I was having problems.

So. Much. Pain.

My left knee, my right knee a bit, my left ankle, my lower back. Whatever benefit my fairly good night's sleep (one interruption, about an hour lost) had gained was competely lost. When I got home, I grabbed a package of cookies and the rest of the milk and that was my lunch. I'm going to take a nap now before I have to go to work.

There is still some grocery shopping in my immediate future, as well. That will be short but not very sweet.

And after all the walking, I never did find the vendor I was looking for, so I ended up going back to one of the Avon vendors because she had a sign for eggs and I bought a dozen there. I hope they are worth it.

Update: More about the pain here, and about the eggs:  I couldn't tell how much of a difference there was between the eggs I bought at the flea market and regular store-bought eggs. Until last night, when I wanted a quick meal and only had one flea market egg left, so I cooked one of each. There is quite a difference. One yolk was yellow and one was orange. I couldn't tell if there was any taste difference, but it certainly looked healthier. And as it turns out, I bought the eggs from the same person Barbara did, I just heard her directions wrong or something.

DAR update: I did some research on Ancestry.com at church last Wednesday and found a direct line to a Revolutionary War soldier. I will do research to verify this and might apply to the DAR. Whether I apply to DAR or not, it's valuable information and I'm kind of looking forward to pursuing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile