You might not want to sit too close

Or, it's time to buy a new bra (or two).

So we're having a little heat wave here in Iowa. And of course, I choose Friday afternoon for my time to go running errands around town.

Which meant that when I got home, I was sweating up a storm. I changed into what I like to call pajamas (on Friday, that was a T-shirt and shorts) and hung my bra up on the hook on the back of the bathroom door, like I always do.

Saturday night I went grocery shopping after work (which was around 1 a.m.) because I hadn't taken the time to do it before and my choices were looking kind of slim.

So I did my grocery shopping, kicking myself for not doing it during the day when there are actual cashiers available and I don't have to do the whole thing myself.

Side note - when there are cashiers available, it goes something like this:
  1. I do my grocery shopping, picking up each item and putting it in the cart.
  2. I go to the cash register and unload the cart.
  3. The cashier rings up the items and bags them.
  4. Then commences the staredown, where we are engaged in a silent battle of wills over who will put the bagged groceries into the cart (which I generally lose).
  5. I trundle out to my van and unload the groceries from the cart into my van.
  6. I go home, haul the groceries into my apartment and put them away.

When I have to use the self-checkout, it goes something like this:
  1. I do my grocery shopping, picking up each item and putting it in the cart.
  2. I go to the cash register and unload the cart.
  3. I ring up the item, bag them, and put them back into the cart.
  4. The silent battle of wills is now with my smartphone, with me trying to get it to use Walmart Pay (which I generally lose).
  5. I trundle out to my van and unload the groceries from the cart into my van.
  6. I go home, haul the groceries into my apartment and put them away.
 So this gives me the opportunity to handle the groceries at least one more time. Oh, joy. Did I mention that my back starts hurting if I stand too long? Which could start in two minutes or 10. But bending over a bunch of times doesn't help.

And my coming-home-from-work routine is to come in, lock the door, put my purse down, put my keys (and the garage door opener if I parked in the garage) in a drawer, go to my bedroom and take off my shoes and socks, go to the bathroom and change into pajamas, get my tablet and phone from my purse, and sit at my computer.

Tonight, though, I rushed my groceries in and immediately put away the most precious thing in all the bags.



But I digress. (That train of thought has left the track and headed for another county.)

Back to the heat wave and why you don't want to sit too close.

After I put the Klondike bars away, but before I put away the rest of the groceries, I took off my shoes and socks and changed into pajamas, then sat down for a couple of minutes in front of a fan.

Before I had left the parking lot with my groceries, I realized I have a problem. I'm down to two good bras. And now both of them were sweaty.

So I had a choice to make:
  1. Go back into Walmart and buy a new bra. (But the Klondike bars would melt.)
  2. Stay up and do laundry. (I know I would be up till probably 4 a.m. if I did this.)
  3. Hand-wash one of the bras and hope it is dry in the morning. (Just in water, as I'm not sure I would be able to get soap out.)
  4. Don't do anything, wear a sweat-smelling bra, and hope nobody notices. (Nope.)
  5. Not wear a bra to church. (Gasp!)
I hope you know I picked option 3. But just in case I didn't do a very good job, maybe you don't want to sit too close. Just sayin'.

And the Klondike bar was delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile