And the winner is?

I don't know yet. Danielle C. is the winner. She has been contacted and has responded.

There were only 11 entries, only 4 people entered. You would think that it would be easy to pick.

But, oh, no.

You see, I discovered that a lot of bloggers verify every entry. Then they delete the false entries (someone says they liked on Facebook or left a comment, but actually didn't). Then they use Random.org to pick a winner from the valid entries.

And here's my problem. I can't verify the Facebook likes except for one person I know personally. Also, out of the four people who entered, I got three comments, and two were from the same person. The fourth person didn't say that she left a comment, and she didn't. But that means one person said she left a comment but there is no comment from her.

So I've got to try to verify the Facebook likes and delete the false entries, but it's late at night and I need my sleep. I will work on this in the morning (I hope). Remember, I didn't sleep well last night and I had a long day at work (more on this in a minute). So I'll get to it as soon as I can.

There will definitely be a winner, however. And the good news is, I can give away another copy of the software in December! So more chances to win. I'll look into another type of giveaway tool to use. I know there's at least one out there that verifies the Facebook likes.

And a note about my long day - while I was at work, the school nurse called. Cayla wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home. I called Donna to pick her up, and also made a doctor appointment for her. So I had to stay at work longer, skipping lunch until 4:30 and take her to the doctor instead of taking a nap in the breakroom at work, like I had planned. But that's part of motherhood, right? It just adds to my tiredness.

Anyway, I'll take a fresh look at the entries in the morning and we'll see about getting a winner picked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile