A moving story: Part 5

I think my head is going to explode.

I've had a headache and stiff neck for a few days. It's all on the right side of my head. I thought maybe it was from how I've been sleeping - I have a body pillow crossways on my bed and sleep on my side with my ribs on that, and with my head on a regular pillow.

Anyway, now it's from a phone call.

The owner of the house called. She's upset because we aren't out today (or, to be honest, nearly ready to be out). But I thought she knew that. I've been trying to do all the packing mostly by myself. (Cayla would be upset with me for saying that, but really? she's done most of her work in her room and that isn't as ready as she thinks it is.)

So now I'm trying to kick it up into high gear, to get as much stuff in storage as possible. But I have to work today, so that limits how much time I can put into it today.

Amanda came out of her room and said she was up till 6 a.m., so she's going to take a nap. I'm pretty sure Cayla is on her laptop. So, although I told the girls I can't do this by myself, it looks like I'm going to have to do this by myself.

I went so far as to ask Kent to ask his dad to loan me money to be able to move in. I'm pretty sure what the answer will be, and I'm not even going to ask my dad, as he already told me he doesn't have money for himself.

So it looks like we'll be living in somebody's basement for awhile, and I'm going to have to call around to the vets in the area to see if anyone is willing to put our cats to sleep, as I won't put them out and the shelter is full. (There's even an article in today's paper about it.) But it's Saturday and most vets are closed and the one I called isn't willing to do that.

Is it any wonder my head feels like it's going to explode?

Also, I've got some giveaways starting soon (that I'm participating in) and I've got to schedule posts on Facebook for the current ones ... I'll work on that tonight after I get home from work.

I don't think this is what I meant when I prayed that the way would be smoothed for us to move where Heavenly Father wants us to move ... maybe I need to work on how I phrase things.

Update: We have to be out Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile