A productive day

Mostly, anyway.

Cayla had a headache and didn't go to school. I worked on In Old Fort Dodge - the post that was scheduled to go live at 6 a.m. didn't. It took several (many) tries before I got it to work. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Donna and I had made plans to go to Ames. I wanted to see if I could find a couple of food items: Yoshida's oriental gourmet sauce, which Kent and I used to do stir-fry with when we lived in Chicago, and Aroma Chef Thai sweet chili sauce, which I really, really like to use on potstickers.

Jessica went along, too. It was her birthday.

During the day we stopped at two Asian stores, three Wal-Marts, a diner/cafe (The Grove Cafe in Ames), Suzanna's apartment in Ankeny, Arby's (yay for chocolate turnover!), a super Target, PetsMart and Michaels. (Did I miss anything?)

I bought chopsticks, four bottles of the sweet chili sauce, a file box, hanging folders, manila folders, Sharpies, oil pastels, binders, two scrapbooks and some quilting fabric.

Tomorrow I have to take Mom on an errand, go to the library, schedule more posts on In Old Fort Dodge, organize the article copies I already have (which is what the file box, hanging folders and manila folders are for), and take Cayla to church.

It's kind of cool to have a plan. And now I plan to go to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile