Playing catch-up

Here's a review of my week so far:

Saturday: I wrecked my car. Donna had to drive me home. I was on my way to work when the accident happened, and although I didn't think I was injured, I was a complete wreck mentally.

Sunday: Big children's program at church and I teach a children's class, so I had to be there. Donna picked us up and took us home. This was after her first night on a new shift: 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Monday: Suzanna picked me up (around 3 p.m.) and drove me to town. We stopped at the tow yard to take pictures of the car. I got my check early (instead of Thursday) so I could put insurance on Suzanna's "spare" car, a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix. The insurance company for the other driver (who caused the accident) still isn't being very helpful about my transportation needs, and I needed a car desperately. I got to work late. Oh, and Amanda was home because she was sick.



Tuesday: Kent had knee replacement surgery and had to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. I worked that evening.

Wednesday: Worked during the day. I kept Amanda at home because I needed someone to be here for a delivery around 3 p.m. We went to the library book sale and I got her and Cayla's immunization records and made them an appointment to get flu shots and up to date on their immunizations. Didn't hear from the insurance companies (mine or the other one). I made sure that I paid my insurance company that day because my insurance would have lapsed on the day of the accident at 12:01 a.m. - before the accident. If I hadn't paid, I think I would probably have gotten a ticket, and that would have been even more expensive. I also worked that evening, which is usually my night off.

Thursday: Worked my usual double shift. I usually work 10-12 hours on Thursdays. During the day, I put together the Sunday Lifestyle section, then take a meal break. Then I work on Friday's paper. I also went to Amanda's parent-teacher conference - without her, because she was at home and I didn't have time to go get her. I missed going to Cayla's conference (which are walk-in) because I had a doctor appointment. That ran late, so I rushed back to get to work. Also, the Lifestyle editor has been very ill this week and was in the hospital until yesterday. She usually has things planned that she wants to go in that section, but we had to wing it.

And today: I haven't had the time or energy (well, I guess I had the time) to straighten up and make sure that there is a clear path for Kent to navigate around with his walker. He's supposed to come home today. He just called and said he can go at 10 a.m. I'll be taking a nap after the kids leave for school - until 9:15 a.m.

I've put off getting the paperwork together to homeschool Amanda. I told the assistant principal about my plans yesterday and he said I should talk to a certain person who handles that. I plan to do that - maybe today or maybe next week. I have to work today and tomorrow. I've got my Sunday lesson to plan - and although I'm sure I've looked at it, I have no idea what it's about. My check is completely spent - mostly on making sure I can get around. I figured out it's cost me close to $300 to be able to drive, between paying Suzanna's insurance, my insurance, and filling her car with gas. It cost $30.60 to fill (at $2.11 per gallon) and it's down to half a tank already. I'll have to fill it two more times before I get paid again.

Kent's disability check should be here today. He'll have to cash it when I pick him up from the hospital. We've got a huge phone bill to pay, and the last installment on the repairs to his car. Why am I not driving his car? Because it stopped working again. I figured it would be cheaper to pay $136 insurance on a working car than to pay to get his fixed (plus $60 to get it towed into town - again).

I had signed up for National Novel Writing Month but haven't actually gotten started yet. I had two ideas: one was to write about an event happening and how it changes what's going on (something like the TV show "Three Moons over Milford") and the other to write about a family beginning in the 1880s who come to our area. I would use newspaper articles from that time to show what was going on and how that affects the family. It would be very loosely based on my ancestors. Yesterday, I told our managing editor about this and said that I didn't know what to write about that would be weird enough for the "Three Moons"-type book. Then I realized it was my life! I also came up with a concept of what event - an alien lands (which people know or suspect) but the twist is that he becomes a reporter. So, we have a UFO sighting, but nobody knows where the alien is. So ... maybe I can put together an outline or something and start writing by Monday.

So, with accident, transportation problems, Kent's surgery, Amanda's homeschooling and trying to write a book, is it any wonder that my head feels like it's going to explode?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile