Yesterday Kent found out I had applied for housing and was furious. Now he's very agreeable and wanting to work things out. I wonder how long that will last. I went through with the application process, though. There's a waiting list of about 2 months. This keeps my options open. He's even offered to go walking with me!

Today when I woke up, I didn't wake him. After his usual 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. shift yesterday, he had to work midnight to 4 a.m. because of a problem with one of the other guards at his post. I took Cayla with me for the 2 mile walk. She rode her bike. We reached the halfway point, going on a route that took us out of town. On the way back, she seemed to be lagging, so I asked her if she wanted Daddy to come get her. She said yes, so I called him (thank goodness for cell phones!). He came to pick her up and asked why I didn't have him go with us. I said I would go back with them in the car and we could walk together.

This meant that we all had to go, because I don't feel right leaving Amanda and Cayla alone, even in our small town. We live in a mobile home, notorious for fast fires, although the kids wouldn't be doing anything to cause one - call me overprotective. So, we walked to the park, left the kids there and walked a little further, then back home. After lunch, I took a nap.

That's about my whole day so far, now it's time to go to work. I've got a headache - probably from not drinking Dr. Pepper (my downfall) until lunchtime. I'm making up for that now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt Nancy's Green Cake

My Memories May blog train

So, it's been awhile